Interno del Santuario della Madonna del passo ad Agosta

Sanctuary of Our Lady del Passo

Situated on the Via Sublacense, the Sanctuary of Our Lady del Passo (of the footstep) was given the name to mark a miracle that took place in approx. 1616 when [...]

Albano Laziale

Le antiche terme romane di Cellomaio

Baths of Caracalla (or Cellomaio)

This impressive building complex of Albano Lazio was already known in ancient times as the palace of the legendary king Ascanio, son of Aeneas and founder of Alba [...]

Sanctuary of St. Mary of the Rotunda

The Sanctuary of St. Mary of the Rotunda was built on a pretty nymphaeum which sets an interesting architectural precedent for the famous Pantheon of Rome. The church was consecrated in [...]

Cathedral of St. Pancras

The Cathedral of St. Pancras was built on the ruins of an ancient basilica constructed by Emperor Constantine. The crypt beneath the presbytery still holds some of the Ionic capitals from [...]



Borgo della Farnesiana

Just a short distance from the town of Allumiere lies an architectonic complex of considerable historical and archeological interest. This private property finds a series of homes and businesses set [...]

Palace Chambers

The Palace Chambers, located in the main square of the village, was built around 1580 at the request of Pope Gregory XIII, who by visiting the mining complex [...]

Sanctuary to Our Lady of Graces

The sanctuary of Madonna delle Grazie (Our Lady of Grace) stands above Allumiere. It was built on the site of one of the many chapels dedicated to the [...]

Hermitage of the Holy Trinity

The oldest sanctuary in the Tolfa Hills is about 2 km from the town in a quiet and serene place. Tradition has it that St. Augustine stayed here [...]



Landriana Gardens

The Gardens Landriana stretch over 10 hectares within a large estate on the coast of Lazio, at Tor San Lorenzo Ardea, 35 km south of Rome. The feature of [...]



Chigi Palace

The ducal palace in Ariccia is the only Baroque-style residence that remains in its original setting and with original furnishings – documenting the splendor of one [...]
Parco Chigi

Villa Chigi

Adjoining Palazzo Chigi is the vast park of 28 hectares, dating back to the sixteenth century., Full of lush vegetation, archaeological finds, fountains and artifacts of the XVII [...]

Sanctuary of our Lady of Galloro

Legend tells that in March 1621, the young Sante Bevilacqua looking for hops in the area around the hill of Galloro, near Ariccia, stumbled upon a rock of [...]


onvent and church of St. Bartholomew

The most ancient parts of the complex of municipal building and the church of St. Bartholomew, once the convent and church of St. Bartholomew, most probably date back [...]


Convent of Our Lady of Jesus

 p { margin-bottom: 0.21cm; } Built on the slopes of Mount Foresta in October 1629 and commissioned by Cardinal Scipione Borghese, the Convent of Our Lady of Jesus [...]


Holy Retreat or Convent of St. Francis

The Holy Retreat or Convent of St. Francis in Bellegra, famous in the Catholic world for its apostolic activity and the goodness of the monks who spent part [...]

Campagnano di Roma

Sanctuary of our Lady of Sorbo

p { margin-bottom: 0.21cm; } The complex comprising the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Sorbo can be seen from the Sorbo Valley, which is cut lengthways by the [...]

Canale Monterano

Hermitage of discalced Carmelite Friars

The exterior appearance, the structure and the monuments of Etruscan Monterano are almost completely unknown due to the lack of systematic archaeological research, the perishability of the [...]


Villa dei Volusii

Volusii Villa

The Volusii villa is one of the largest in the Roman area: it was discovered in 1960 during the construction of the Autostrada del Sole and today [...]

Carpineto Romano

Convent and Church of St Peter the Apostle

The convent of the Friars Minor Riformati and the adjacent church, dedicated to St. Peter the Apostle, were built on a hill facing Carpineto Romano in 1610 [...]

Collegiate Church of the Sacred Heart

The Collegiate Church of Carpineto Romano dedicated to St. John the Baptist and St. John the Evangelist and also known as the Church of the Sacred Heart, was built in [...]

Castelnuovo di Porto

Collegiate Church of Our Lady of the Assumption

The large Collegiate Church of Our Lady of the Assumption is situated North West of the fortress of Castelnuovo di Porto. It is flanked by the Oratory [...]


Convent and Church of St. Charles Borromeo

The parish church dedicated to St. Charles Borromeo in Cave was built in Doric style in the 17th century. The church is considered one of the most [...]

Cervara di Roma

Collegiate Church of Our Lady of the Visitation

The Collegiate Church of Our Lady of the Visitation is situated in a dominant position over the hilltop town of Cervara, beneath the mountain peak. The building, extremely simple [...]



Michelangelo’s Fort

The Fortress was built in the 16th C. to defend the port and the town from pirates. The upper part of the keep was completed by the [...]

Civitella San Paolo

Convent of St.Scholastica

The Monastery of St. Scholastica was founded in 1934 in Civitella San Paolo on the territory and under the jurisdiction of the territorial abbot of St. Paul Outside [...]

Fiano Romano

Villa dei Volusii

Volusii Villa

The Volusii villa is one of the largest in the Roman area: it was discovered in 1960 during the construction of the Autostrada del Sole and today [...]



Villa Sora

Along the way Tuscolana, surrounded by a large garden stands Villa Sora, today Scholastic Institute run by the Salesian Fathers. Work on its construction date from about 1570, when [...]
villa lancellotti

Villa Lancellotti

The villa was built around 1585 by Bonanni (of which still bears the name in a paper of 1671) for the Oratorians of St. Philip Blacks, it was [...]

Aldobrandini Water Nymphaeum and Garden

These are the grounds of the 16th C. Villa Aldobrandini. The Water Theatre, located behind the palazzo, backed by a small hill, is a spectacular semicircular architectural [...]
Villa Tuscolana

Villa Tuscolana

Villa Tuscolana, also known as “Rufinella”, because the original nucleus was built by a monsignor Rufini, is gracefully couched on mount Tuscolo and gifts visitors with an enchanting [...]

Villa Torlonia

This park, which is just a short way outside Frascati, was originally a small farmstead where the scholar Annibal Caro built a small villa called “caravilla” where [...]

Aldobrandini Stables

The 17th C. building of the Aldobrandini stables, an out building of the villa by the same name, is located close to the Municipal Palace. Refurbished by the celebrated [...]
Villa Falconieri

Villa Falconieri

Villa Falconieri, originally known as “La Rufina”, was the first of the Ville Tuscolane, a series of villas built by papal families in the hills around [...]

Villa Aldobrandini

In a dominant position above Frascati and Rome stands the Villa Aldobrandini, a spectacular construction built towards the end of the 16th C.     The villa changed hands a number [...]


Sanctuary Basilica of our Mother of Good Counsel

In Genazzano, there used to be an old 10th-century church where today the Sanctuary of Our Mother of Good Counsel stands.  The existing church was redesigned and enlarged between [...]


Collegiate Church of St. Mary Major

The Collegiate Church of St. Mary Major is the principal centre of Catholic worship in Lanuvio. The present building was constructed on the site of an earlier Romanesque church [...]



Orsini Nymphaeum

Just a few steps from Horatius' Villa stands a semicircular “nymphaeum” measuring 23 metres in diameter. It was built by excavating part of the hill. On the right one [...]

Magliano Romano

Church of St. John the Baptist

Of medieval origin (XIV c.) The church has had several renovations. The façade of 1932, while the sixteenth century dating the frescoes preserved in the three apses internal [...]


Church of St.Nicolas in Mandela

The original nucleus of the Church of St. Nicholas, undoubtedly one of the oldest buildings still standing in modern day Mandela, can be dated to the eleventh century, [...]

Marano Equo

The sanctuary of the “Madonna della Quercia”

The sanctuary of the "Madonna della Quercia" great spiritual reference of the people maranese, nestled in the foothills of the Mountains Ruffi, is a must see. Its beautiful scenery [...]


Monastery of Our Lady of Monte Dominici

The earliest historical mention of the Monastery of Our Lady of Monte Dominici is contained in the 956 Chartula Sancti Januarii, part of the Regesto Tiburtino (the register [...]


Basilica of St.Barnabas

p { margin-bottom: 0.21cm; } The Collegiate Basilica of St. Barnabas is the principal place of Catholic worship in the town of Marino, part of the suburbicarian diocese [...]

Monte Compatri

Convent of St.Sylvester

The Convent of St. Sylvester in Monte Compatri was founded in 1605 and took its name from Pope St. Sylvester I who was greatly venerated in this area. The [...]


Church of our Lady of the Assumption

p { margin-bottom: 0.21cm; } The strategic positioning of the Church of Our Lady of the Assumption, built in 1600, ensured its dominant position in the village and [...]


Church of St. Peter the Apostle

It's the largest of the two parish churches (the other is St. Michael the Archangel) restored in 1703 at the behest of the principles Pamphili, after being partially [...]


Church of St. Nicholas of Bari

Built in 1535 and rebuilt in 1773. Inside, two seventeenth century paintings: Madonna and Child Enthroned with Saints Dominic and Catherine. [...]


The Cathedral of Saint Mary Magdalene

The Cathedral of Monterotondo, the Basilica of Saint Mary Magdalene, is one of the elements that, alongside Piazza del Popolo opposite and the straight road of Via Cavour, [...]

Montorio Romano


Baronial Palace

The decorative structure of this noble residence, known as Corte Palace, seems to belong stylistically to the 18th cenury. It dates later than the internal decoration of [...]

(Italiano) Chiesa della Santissima Annunziata e di Cristo Re

The parish church in Montorio Romano, dedicated to the Holy Annunciation and Christ the King, is situated in the more recent area of the town and was built [...]


Church of Jesus and Mary

The facade of the Church of Jesus and Mary in Moricone, a simple hut with pitched roof, is in plastered brick, with marble cornicing around the entrance and [...]

Church of our Lady of the Assumption

The Church of Our Lady of the Assumption leans against the ancient castle of Moricone and presses onto an older, more modest building, which was reached through the [...]


Franciscan Convent of Santa Maria Seconda

The Convent of Our Lady of Graces in Morlupo stands on an ancient Franciscan site, a place of retreat and prayer. It is better known as [...]


Church of St. Anthimus

The Church of St. Anthimus, which sits on top of a hill outside the central area of Nazzano, was built before the 10th century, according to various sources. Repairs [...]

Convent and Church of St. Francis

According to several historical sources, the first Franciscan community in Nazzano was founded by St. Anthony of Padua in 1299. The convent was built on land donated by the [...]


Nemi_Navi romane

Roman ships

In the 1st C. A.D. the emperor Caligula had two gigantic flat keeled ships built on lake Nemi. The vessels were [...]

Church’s of St. Mary’s well

The Parish Church of the Immaculate Conception, also known as the Church of St. Mary’s Well (in Italian, Santa Maria del Pozzo, in  latin de Puteo) is the [...]

Hermitage St. Michael Archangel

p { margin-bottom: 0.21cm; } The Cave of St. Michael Archangel is a natural grotto, situated on the spur beneath the Castle of Nemi. During the time [...]


Church of St.Mary and St.George

p>There was a church dedicated to St. George in the Capocroce area of Nerola from the end of the 14th century. It was later annexed to the [...]


Sangallo Fort

The San Gallo Fort was built between 1501 and 1503 by Cesare Borgia, known as The Valentino.   The Fort defended Nettuno from sea raids. Inside the fort in a [...]



The Forum of Praeneste

The civil forum of Praeneste was once the centre of the Roman town and and was situated around the present-day Piazza Regina Margherita and below the Cathedral of [...]

Convent of Saint Francis

The convent of Saint Francis, not far from the Palazzo Barberini in Palestrina, is one of the most important examples of Franciscan architecture in the Province of Rome. It [...]

Church of Santa Rosalia

The Baroque church of Santa Rosalia in Palestrina, designed by Contini, is englobed in the architectonic structure of the Palazzo Colonna Barberini. It was built and opened as a [...]

Church of Sant’Antonio Abate

The church of Sant'Antonio Abate was designed by Orazio Turriani and built by Sebastiano Fantoni. In 1614 the convent and the [...]

Cathedral of Martyr Saint Agapitus

The Church of Martyr Saint Agapitus is the Cathedral of Palestrina; its origins are very old. It was built between the 4rth and 5th Century upon the ruins of [...]

Palombara Sabina

Church of St.Blaise

The Church of St. Blaise was originally one of the four hermit sanctuaries in the Palombara area, which included Our Lady of the Gonfalone, St. Michael and St. [...]

Church of our Lady of the Sign

The Church of Our Lady of the Sign (also known as Our Lady of the Annunciation) has its origins in the 14th century and is Franciscan in [...]

Abbey of Saint John in Argentella

The Benedictine Abbey of St. John in Argentella in Palombara Sabina was founded in the 10th Century, although the existing building is said to date back to the [...]


Church of St.Paul

p>The church of Pisoniano has been dedicated to St. Paul since the dawn of time, perhaps because of the tradition that has the apostle begin his preaching of [...]

Church of St. Victoria

The extremely simple little church has a single entrance portal with two windows to each side and an oculus in the upper portion, beneath the pitched roof. The church [...]


Church of St.Peter Apostle

The archpriestly church of St. Peter Apostle in Poli was built between 1603 and 1610. It was built by the Conti family of Poli to replace the previous, smaller [...]

Ponzano Romano

Church of St.Nicholas of Bari

The parish Church of St. Nicholas of Bari, dedicated to the patron saint of Ponzano Romano, is situated on the small Piazza di San Nicolò in the centre [...]

Abbey of St. Andrew in Flumine

The Abbey of St. Andrew in Flumine is just outside Ponzano Romano. Of similar architecture to the Carolingian Abbey of Lorsch in Germany, it is surrounded by fortified [...]


Church of our Lady of Peace

The little Church of Our Lady of Peace, situated in the valley South East of Riano, has an extremely simple architectural structure and interior decoration. The name of the [...]

Church of St.George

The little Church of St. George, the oldest in the Riano area, was built on a hill north west of the town, close to the cemetery. It has a [...]

Church of the Immaculate Conception

The church in Riano, now known as the Immaculate Conception, was built in 1490 by the Benedictine monks of St. Paul outside the walls as their parish church, [...]

Ex Convent of the Capuchin Friars Minor (now Cittadella Ecumenica Taddeide)

p { margin-bottom: 0.21cm; } The Convent of the Capuchin Friars Minor of Riano was built in the second half of the 16th century when the Cesi family [...]

Rignano Flaminio

Collegiate Church of St.Vincent and St.Anastasius

p>Built in 1400, the Collegiate Church is dedicated to the patrons of Rignano Flaminio, the Martyr Saints Vincent and Anastasius, whose feast day is 22 January. The church holds [...]


Holy Annunciation

The building and decoration of the Oratory of the Most Holy Annunciation was commissioned by Antonio Colonna, of the Riofreddo branch of the Colonna family. The date [...]

Rocca di Cave

Church of St. Nicholas of Bari

The Church of St. Nicholas of Bari was built in the mid-18th century. The remains of the martyr saints Justin, Zosimus, Valerio and Superco can be found under [...]

Rocca di Papa

Rocca di Papa_Via Sacra

Sacred way

The Sacred Way, which dates back to the 7th C. AD., and is one of the best preserved monuments of Roman antiquity. Very much used at the [...]

Church of Our Lady Assumed into Heaven

The Church of Our Lady Assumed into Heaven is situated in Piazza Duomo in Rocca di Papa. The cornerstone was laid on 3 May 1664. Two [...]


 p { margin-bottom: 0.21cm; } The Sanctuary of Madonna del Tufo (Our Lady of the Sandstone) can be found on the slopes of Mount Cavo, the 'Mons Albanus' [...]

Rocca Priora

Church of our Lady of the Assumption

The parish church dedicated to Our Lady of the Assumption in Rocca Priora dates to the end of 1400s. It has undergone various changes over the centuries, the [...]


Church of St. Benedict

p { margin-bottom: 0.21cm; } Tradition relates that St Benedict of Nursia left his imprint (170 cm long, 45 cm wide, 40 cm deep) on a rock while [...]


(Italiano) Chiesa di San Giovanni Battista

The Church of St. John the Baptist in Sacrofano was built in the 12th century and restored in the 15th. The sandstone block bell tower dates to the [...]


Church of the Holy Cross

p>p { margin-bottom: 0.21cm; } The Church of the Holy Cross at Sambuci was built in 1662 and can be found on Via Girolamo Theodoli. The plaster [...]

Convent and Church of our Lady of Graces

p { margin-bottom: 0.21cm; } The Church of Our Lady of Graces, also known as the Holy Virgin of the Nativity, is just outside the borgo of Sambuci. [...]

San Cesareo

San Cesareo_ Via Labicana

Via Labicana

During the course of archaeological investigations by the Archaeological Superintendency of Lazio for the construction of the motorway link between Fiano and San Cesareo, a stretch of [...]

San Gregorio da Sassola

Church of St. Sebastian

The present Church of St. Sebastian was built on the site of an earlier church dedicated to the same saint which dated back to the late 1500s. A public vote, [...]

Church of the Madonna della Cavata

The Church of the Madonna della Cavata in San Gregorio da Sassola takes its name from the painting of that name conserved inside. One tradition recounts that this painting was 'cavata' [...]

Church of St. Blaise

The small Church of St. Blaise in San Gregorio da Sassola has a simple gabled roof with a single entrance, framed by a grey stone arched portal and surmounted by [...]

Church of St. Gregory the Great

The Church of St. Gregory the Great was built in 1537 on the site of a previous church which presumably dated back to Gothic times. Between 1865 and 1867, the church [...]

San Polo dei Cavalieri

Church of St. Nicholas of Bari

The Church of St. Nicholas of Bari was built in San Polo dei Cavalieri by Crusaders on their return from a campaign in the Holy Land. The smooth façade, in plastered [...]

Church of St. Lucia

The Romanesque - Baroque Church of St. Lucia in San Polo dei Cavalieri is the oldest place of worship in the town, dating back to before 1400 when it was [...]

San Vito Romano

Church of St. Mary de Arce

The Church of St. Mary de Arce in San Vito Romano gains its name from its position on the historical parade ground of the Colonna family. The first phase of its [...]


Collegiate Church of St. Lawrence Martyr

he Church of St. Lawrence Martyr is the parish church of the town of Sant'Oreste. It was built from 1568 to an original design by Vignola, under commission from Cardinal Alessandro [...]

Santa Marinella

Santa Marinella_Castrum Novum

Castrum Novum

A Roman maritime colony, founded in 246 BC., it was built to protect the northern coastal area around Ceri. Located right on the sea at km. 64,000 of the [...]
Santa Marinella_Pyrgi

Archaeological Area of Pyrgi

The site of which the ancients have only passed down its name in its Greek version Pyrgoi (“the towers”) was one of the three ports of the Etruscan Caere (currently [...]

Church of our Lady of the Assumption of St. Severa

The present parish church in St. Marinella, dedicated to Our Lady of the Assumption and St. Severa, was built around 1595 by Commendatore Agostino Fivizzani as a response to [...]
Santa Marinella_Villa Guardiole

Roman Villa of the Guardiole

At km. 64.600, by the 'fosso delle Guardiole' lie the remains of a thermal bath complex and other interesting structures belonging to a seaside Roman villa which boasted [...]


Church of St.Peter

of the temple of the ancient acropolis. The remains of the temple's side porches were used to build the Gothic bell tower (about 15m high), whose upper part was [...]

Cathedral of Our Lady of the Assumption

The present Cathedral of Our Lady of the Assumption dates to 1626 when Bishop Ludovico Atti decided to completely rebuild it on the ruins of the earlier church [...]


Church of St.Mary of the Valley

The Church of St. Mary of the Valley, situated beneath the Rocca Abbaziale in the square of the same name, in Subiaco, was designed by the architect Carlo [...]

Church of St. Andrew

Built in 1789, the Church of St. Andrew Apostle in Subiaco was designed by the architect Pietro Camporese and his sons and commissioned by Cardinal Giovanni Angelo Braschi, at the [...]

Monastery of St. Scolastica

The Monastery of St. Scholastica is the most ancient, functioning Benedictine monastery in the world and is also known for being the "birthplace of Italian printing". It is the [...]

Monastery and Church of St. Francis

The Monastery and Church of St. Francis are situated on a bucolic hill, immersed in the green countryside, at the edge of a thick chestnut forest. Construction of the complex dates [...]

Monastery of St.Benedict (or Sacro Speco)

After leaving the Sublacense highway, following a spectacular rocky road and driving through a forest of ancient holm oaks, one reaches the Monastery of St. Benedict (or Sacro Speco/Holy [...]


Villa Adriana

It was built between 125 and 134 A.D.  to the South-West of Tivoli by Emperor Hadrian, as his imperial residence outside Rome, and covers an area (80/120 hectares) greater [...]

Pia Fortress

Built as a fortress from the outset in the 16th C. the Rocca Pia in Tivoli has constantly been refurbished by long-standing Roman nobility right up to its current configuration, . The [...]

Gregorian Bridge

A single arched bridge spanning 20 metres, the Gregorian Bridge in Tivoli was built in place of the ancient waterfall, following the disastrous flood of the river Aniene [...]

Villa D’Este

Since 2001 the Villa d'Este in Tivoli has been included among Unesco's World Heritage monuments. Last year it was acknowledged for “the distinctiveness of its garden, but also for its accessibility, its level of [...]

Villa Gregoriana

The “Villa Gregoriana” park, at the foot of the acropolis, dominated by two temples dating back to the 3rd – 2nd C. b.c., was first set up in 1834 by [...]

Cathedral of St. Lawrence

In its present form, the Cathedral of St. Lawrence in Tivoli dates to the mid 17th century when it was completely rebuilt by Cardinal Giulio Roma, Bishop of the [...]


Church of St. Catherine

The Church of St. Catherine of Alexandria was probably built during the second half of the 15th century within an ancient Roman construction, of which several blind arches in black flint opus [...]

Church of our Lady Assumed into Heaven

The church was built in the historical centre of Trevignano and offers a splendid panorama. Built in the 16th century on the foundations of an ancient, Gothic style building [...]



Convent of St.Angelus of the Conventual Franciscans

The Convent of St. Angelus of the Conventual Franciscans in Valmontone was founded in or near the year 1000 by Benedictine monks, although the present building is the result of [...]

Collegiate Church of our Lady of Assumption

The Collegiate Church of Our Lady of the Assumption, managed by an archiprete and the college of canons which give it the name, is the treasure of the town [...]


Parish Church of St.Mary in Trivio

Built before the Bell tower, the Church of St. Mary in Trivio in Velletri was originally in the Gothic style, with a bare planked ceiling. It was falling into disrepair [...]

Church of St.Micheal Archangel

The Church of St. Michael Archangel in Velletri is mentioned in a 1065 document, although tradition holds that it is older. Historians believe that the church was built on the ruins [...]

Cathedral of St. Clement

The Cathedral of St. Clement is the most important religious symbol of the city and of the suburbicarian diocese of Velletri- Segni. It dates back to the 5th century. It was built [...]


Vicovaro_Mura ciclopiche

Ciclopean Walls

The Cyclopean walls run along the southern part of the town of Vicovaro, towards the river Aniene, in the Porta Pej (Porta Feet). Date from the fourth century [...]

Church of Our Lady of the Sepulchre

The small Church of Our Lady of the Sepulchre, a rural church of Renaissance origin, stands to one side of Via Valeria, several kms from Vicovaro, where the Ronci and [...]

Church of the Holy Saviour

The Church of the Holy Saviour in Vicovaro was built on Roman ruins. Probably medieval in origin, as the characteristic belfry would indicate, the small building has a rectangular floor [...]

Church of St.Anthony Abbot

The Church of St. Anthony Abbot, a building of Renaissance origin, dating to the late 15th/early 16th centuries can be found just outside the town of Vicovaro. Expanded in the late [...]

Church of St.Peter

The Church of St. Peter Apostle, built in the medieval era, was completely rebuilt in 1755 by Giacomo Alamandini Bolognetti following 18th century architectural lines and a project by the [...]

Chapel of St. James

The Chapel of St. James bears most impressive witness to the past splendor of Vicovaro. Built by Giovanni Antonio Orsini to hold the family tombs, it was situated on one [...]

Convent of St.Cosimato

The Convent of San Cosimato in Vicovaro is situated in one of the most picturesque areas of the Aniene Valley, where the rock cliffs rising over the river with natural [...]

Vivaro Romano

Parish Church of St.Blaise Bishop and Martyr

The Neo-Gothic church of St. Blaise Bishop and Martyr in Vivaro Romano houses a recently restored 12th century, Oriental fresco of the Most Holy Illuminated Mary in a wooden shrine. Three beautiful tryptychs [...]

Sanctuary of our Lady Illuminated

The Sanctuary of Our Lady Illuminated in Vivaro Romano sits on the hill of Santa Maria, approximately 3 km from the town centre. Although the date of its foundation remains unknown, [...]


Church of the Most Holy Annunciation

The Church of the Most Holy Annunciation in Zagarolo was commissioned by Pompeo Colonna and his wife Orinzia and the cornerstone laid on 18th October 1580 by Pompeo's brother, Cardinal Marcantonio [...]

Cathedral of St.Peter the Apostle

The parish church of St. Peter The Apostle in Zagarolo was built upon the ruins of another, smaller church which was demolished when it was no longer big enough to [...]

Cathedral of St.Lawrence the Martyr

The Cathedral of St. Lawrence the Martyr, patron saint of Zagarolo, rises over Piazza Guglielmo Marconi. Building started in 1607 by Duke Marzio Colonna and was completed by [...]

Convent and Church of our Lady of Graces

The Church and adjacent Convent of Our Lady of Graces in the town of Zagarolo were commissioned by Cardinal Giovanni Colonna, Bishop of Sabina, in 1200 to replace a hermitage. As [...]

All Municipalities



View all »