The present Church of the Most Holy Saviour was designed by Giacomo della Porta in 1580 to replace the previous building of the same name that had become too small for the town needs and was also in bad condition. A stone column from this previous building can be seen from Via della Chiesa.
The church was built when the Massimo family came to Arsoli at the end of the 1570s, having bought the feud previously owned by the Zambeccari family on St. Philip Neri's advice.
The monumental façade with Renaissance lines is similar to the other Roman churches designed by della Porta. Despite the centuries that have passed, the interior is still simple and austere but filled with works of art.
The church houses a gilded wood tabernacle, a copy of the marble tabernacle in the Chapel of the Most Holy Sacrament in St. Peters in Rome. A canvas of The Transfiguration on the main altar is attributed to Domenichino. The presbytery holds two 17th century Stations of the Cross (Jesus is scourged and Jesus falls) by an unknown artist; a lunette with a depiction of the miracle carried out by St. Philip Neri on Paolo Massimo that took place on 16 March 1583, painted by Marco Benefial in 1745; a copy of the Holy Shroud dating to 1635 and the Chapel of Our Lady of Guadalupe and her processional palanquin.
There is also a lovely wooden Crucifix, a 17th century pipe organ above the richly embellished inner entrance door to the church and paintings from 1931 by Ciotti.