The present parish church in St. Marinella, dedicated to Our Lady of the Assumption and St. Severa, was built around 1595 by Commendatore Agostino Fivizzani as a response to the population growth in the borgo of St. Severa.
The church has a severe facade with the Fivizzani crest above the portal.
Original elements in the interior include the main altar with two marble columns and, at the back, a painted tabernacle with two columns with Corinthian capitals: the fresco depicts a Madonna and Child seated on the clouds, crowned by angels, with St. Marinella to the bottom right with Castello Odescalchi in the background, and, to the left, St. Severa holding the symbols of her martyrdom (in her right hand, the whip with iron balls with which she was flogged according to legend) and alongside, the Castello as it must have been at the end of the 16th century when the frescoes were commissioned by Commendatore Sallustio Taruggi.
More frescoes, along the top sides of the nave, showing the story of the life of St. Severa, were destroyed when the present barrel vault ceiling was erected at the end of the 18th century.
The small barrel vault is also frescoed, with God the Father at the centre, holding a map of the world.
The fresco on the altar, of St. Anthony Abbot, has suffered great damage.
All the frescoes at the back were restored in 1970.